A little Mercedes-Benz service goes a long way to keeping your vehicle running right for years to come. That’s why our expert team here at Mercedes-Benz of Orange Park is dedicated to helping you maintain and service your vehicle, both in our shop and at your home.
There are a few simple and efficient ways to follow up on your vehicle health at home, like tire pressure checks.
Importance of Good Tire Pressure
Tire pressure measures how much air is in your vehicle’s tires, and it varies depending on your vehicle. Here are a few essential reasons to maintain good tire pressure in your new Mercedes-Benz model:
- It makes steering and handling more responsive.
- It reduces tread loss.
- It reduces the risk of tire blowouts.
- It improves fuel efficiency.
- It makes your brakes more efficient.
- It ensures every ride is as safe as possible.
- It saves you money on new tires.
How Do I Check My Tire Pressure?
Checking your tire pressure is simple and easy. All you need is a tire pressure gauge, which you can find at any auto parts or large retail store.
- Begin by determining the right pressure. Check your owner’s manual for optimal pressure levels and be sure to note if front and rear tire pressure settings differ.
- Wait until your vehicle cools down. You don’t want to check your tire pressure while your tires are hot.
- Unscrew the valve cap and place it somewhere safe. Attach the tire pressure gauge to the valve and let it sit for a second or two while you get your reading.
- Make a note of the levels and if a fill-up is required. Either fill up your tire or screw on the valve cap so you can fill it up later.
For more information on vehicle maintenance, service, and parts, turn to our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Jacksonville. Schedule your next service appointment today!