Here at Mercedes-Benz of Orange Park, we value our customers. Our goal is to make sure you are an informed buyer and driver. In order to do so, it’s important you know the basics of car care and maintenance. One of the main components that every driver should be aware of is how to change a flat tire. Flat tires are extremely common, and it’s possible you’ll experience one at some point during your driving career. Knowing what to do in this situation is essential, and it will make sure you get safely back on the road again.
Changing a flat tire is easy—both in theory and in practice. We’ve created a quick walkthrough on the process, taking you through each step. To ensure you’re always ready, it’s important to keep a jack, tire iron, and spare tire in your car.
If you find yourself with a flat tire, pull over immediately to a safe, level spot. It’s important that you’re not at risk of oncoming traffic. Put your vehicle in Park and make sure your emergency brake is on.
Now, you can get started.
- Loosen the wheel lugs on your flat tire.
- Once they’re considerably loose, place the jack under your vehicle.
- Raise the jack until your vehicle and the tire are off the ground.
- Use the tire iron to remove the wheel lugs completely so that you can remove the flat tire.
- Replace it with the spare tire.
- Tighten the wheel lugs with the tire iron.
- Lower your vehicle to the ground.
Once all seven steps are complete, make your way to our Mercedes-Benz service center in Orange Park, FL. Our technicians can help you find a replacement tire or repair your current tire, and ensure your vehicle is in prime working order overall. If you still find yourself confused by the process, feel free to get in touch to ask any questions or request a demonstration. We’re here to help, no matter what.